Dr. Lisa Rogers,
This Arizona native completed her residency at Memorial Medical Center in Savannah and—luckily for local women—decided to stay on in Southeast Georgia. Since then, she’s become one of the area’s most admired and trusted OB/GYNs, winning more than a dozen professional and community awards—and the loyalty of scores of local patients.
She is a Dean’s List graduate of the University of Missouri and St. Louis Medical School, where she served as the first female student member of the Admissions Board and earned the school’s Women Liaison Scholarship in 1992. She was also medical class coordinator and service President, Medical Support group President, freshman medical orientation Chairman, AIDS taskforce director, Medical Women's Liaison member, community clinic chairman, and volunteer for St. Louis University Hospital, the Red Cross and the AIDS center.
During her residency in Savannah, she co-authored a project that changed and improved her department’s diagnosis of ectopic pregnancies. She also was the recipient of the Wyeth-Resident ACOG Reporter Award and Select Resident Award 1997, and was Chief Resident 1997-1998.
- Since her 1998 move to Statesboro, she has been named:
- Most Compassionate Doctor 2011-2014
- Patient Physician Choice 2009, 2010, 2014
- Business Leader of the Year 2007
- Memorial Health Partners-Distinguished Quality Physician 2006, 2007, 2011-2014
- Physician Advisory Board Physician of the Year 2004
- Class of Leadership Bulloch 2004
- Georgia State Young Careerist of the Year 2000
- National Physician Leadership Award 2000
- Statesboro Young Careerist of the Year 1999-2000
- The area’s first female surgeon, and Dr. Rogers has served on:
- Bulloch County Hospital Authority Board of Commissioners 2013-present
- East Georgia Regional Medical Center Board of Trustees 2007-2012
- Ogeechee Technical College Board of Directors 2012-present
- Georgia OB/GYN Society Board of Directors 2011-present
- Physician Leadership Advisory Board 2006-2012
- Co-chair Robotics Surgical Program 2011
- East Georgia Regional Medical Center Chief of Medical Staff 2005-2006
- East Georgia Regional Medical Center Chairman OB/GYN Department 2001-2005 and 2007-2009
- National Association of Professional Women, 2011
A current fellow of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Rogers is also a member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, the American Academy of Pain Management, the American Medical Association, and the Medical Association of Georgia.